How to get the XRP airdrop? Free Flare Network (SPARK) tokens
The Flare Network team announced that it will take a snapshot of the XRP amount on XRP wallet addresses to facilitate their airdrop. The new Flare platform helps customers run smart contract services on XRP, using a virtual machine powered by Ethereum. In addition, Flare uses the same coding as XRP and will be able to combine the use of Flare and XRP.
Update: The snapshot was successfully taken, you can move your XRP again. The SPARK tokens will be airdropped in Q1 2021.
Flare is scalable and does not rely on the original SPARK token for security, eliminating the risk of security degradation. It integrates EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine) for smart contract development. The SPARK token will be a XRP Utility fork. So how do you receive your XRP airdrop?
How to claim free SPARK tokens?
First of all, you need to own XRP tokens. Check out where you can buy XRP:
- Binance (worldwide + 20% lifetime fee discount + Binance will support the airdrop)
- Bitvavo (cheapest in Europe)
45 billion SPARK tokens will be awarded to XRP owners at a ratio of approximately 1: 1. So if you own 500 XRP you will be rewarded with around 500 SPARK tokens. The wallet or exchange needs to fully support this airdrop. You can see an overview of supported exchanges below:
The easiest way is to use one of the supported exchanges and transfer your XRP before December 12 (at least two days before to be certain).
The XRP balance snapshot will be taken on December 12, 2020 and SPARK tokens will be distributed to XRP holders in Q1 of 2021. On December 12, they will check how much XRP a wallet owns and based on that, the airdrop will be issued 1: 1 in the first half of 2021.
The easiest method is to just send your XRP to a supported exchange. Claiming the XRP airdrop tokens with, for instance, Ledger is quite technical and can be risky.
Some of the biggest exchanges that confirmed the XRP airdrop support:
- Kraken (confirmation of the airdrop support)
- Coinbase (Coinbase confirmed their support on December 6)
You can just keep your XRP in the wallets of one of these exchanges and your SPARK tokens will be airdropped in Q1 2020 to your wallet. Check for the full exchange list the tweet above.
Not yet confirmed exchanges
These exchanges have not yet confirmed the airdrop or are not supporting the XRP airdrop:
- Almost all big exchanges will support the Ripple airdrop.
We keep this list updated.
How to move your XRP to a supported exchange?
Below you find a small general tutorial to move your XRP funds to a supported exchange. We recommend to use the biggest exchange in the world: Binance. Please note that there can be a difference with your current exchange interface. The tutorial is based on moving your funds from Coinbase to Binance. Sending your funds correctly is your own responsibility, you can lose your funds when you make a mistake. A best practice is to try it first with a small amount.
- Go to your currency XRP provider. This can be an exchange or a wallet.
- Go to your Ripple (XRP) funds.
- Search for a Withdrawal or Send button, keep this tab open.
- Go to Binance in a new tab and register an account or login.
- When you’re logged in to Binance, go to Wallet (top right) and hit Fiat and Spot.
- Search for XRP.
- Hit Deposit.
- An unique XRP deposit address and tag will be generated for you.
- Go back to your current XRP wallet/exchange, and hit the Send/Withdrawal button.
- Copy the XRP Address and XRP Tag from Binance (please re-check if you copied both addresses correctly) and hit Send/Withdrawal.
- In most cases you have to confirm the transaction.
Your XRP will be send to Binance within minutes and you will receive a confirmation email when the funds are successfully deposited.
How much is the XRP fork worth?
The XRP Utility fork value is based on supply and demand, but people are expecting that it will be launched at a value of $ 0.01 cents. This will be totally free, that’s why the XRP price is currently rising.
So you have until December 12 to take the steps to receive the XRP airdrop fork.
Supported XRP airdrop wallets
These major wallets are supporting the SPARK token claim. Please note that you have to register to be eligible.